When a student is seen to have reached a required standard and deemed ready, they will be offered the opportunity to take a Royal Academy of Dance assessment or examination.
There are 3 examination sessions during the year, and the Clare Novaes Ballet School usually enters examinations in the spring session during March. These assessments and examinations are optional.
The following commitments should be taken into consideration before deciding to take an assessment or examination:
- Full attendance at classes running up to exam
- One extra lesson as a dress rehearsal
- Practice syllabus exercises at home to CD music
- Fee to be paid in advance
- The examination could be during school hours